Rights Revoked: The State of Human Rights in Afghanistan After Six Months of Taliban Rule
On 2 March 2022, the Human Rights Initiative of the Center for Strategic and International Studies will host a panel discussion on the status of human rights under a Taliban-governed Afghanistan. Human rights in the country are under siege, with diplomatic talks failing to make a difference. The event will consider these human rights challenges and discuss diplomatic and policy options to address attacks on activists and journalists and constraints on the rights of Afghan women and girls.
A recording of the event will be available above.
- Heather Barr, Associate Director of the Women’s Rights Division at Human Rights Watch
- Anne Richard, Distinguished Fellow and Afghanistan Coordination Lead at Freedom House
- Rina Amiri, U.S. Special Envoy for Women, Girls, and Human Rights, Office of Global Women's Issues, U.S. Department of State
- Horia Mosadiq, Founder, Safety & Risk Mitigation Organization
- Marti Flacks, Director and Senior Fellow, Human Rights Initiative, Center for Strategic and International Studies