Countering Coups in the Greater Sahel
On 23 February 2022, the United States Institute of Peace held an online event that explored concrete steps in the Greater Sahel to advance the goals of the 2021 Summit for Democracy and offer forward-looking policy recommendations. With eight recent military coups in the region, stability and human rights in the region have been badly threatened.
A recording of the event is available above.
- Joseph Sany, Vice President, Africa Center, U.S. Institute of Peace
- Mvemba Dizolele, Senior Fellow and Director, Africa Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Cameron Hudson, Nonresident Senior Fellow, Africa Center, Atlantic Council
- Joshua Meservey, Senior Policy Analyst, Africa and the Middle East, The Heritage Foundation
- Joseph Siegle, Director of Research, Africa Center of Strategic Studies
- Ambassador Kamissa Camara, Senior Visiting Expert for the Sahel, Africa Center, U.S. Institute of Peace