Towards a Summit for Democracy
On 23 April 2021, the Community of Democracies in cooperation with International IDEA and the Open Government Partnership (OGP) gathered high-level individuals from key democracy support organisations, who discussed the the current global state of democracy, how we can respond, and the potential outcomes and activities of a gathering for democracy. The event aimed to create a set of actionable recommendations and outline a framework for international support.
Watch a recording of the discussion above. An event report is also available to the right.
- Suneeta Kaimal, CEO of the Natural Resource Governance Institute
- Maria Baron, CEO of Directorio Legislativo, current civil society co-chair of OGP
- Thomas E. Garrett, Secretary-General, Community of Democracies
- Kevin Casas-Zamora, Secretary-General, International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (International IDEA)
- Maria Sarungi Tsehai, Change Tanzania
- Joe Powell, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Open Government Partnership
- Patricia Galdamez, Senior Advisor, PSCD