The Summit for Democracy Lessons: The Role of Parliaments in Advancing Anti-Corruption Commitments
On 14 September 2021, the National Democratic Institute (NDI) and Transparency International's US Office (TI) hosted a virtual global panel with legislators, government officials and experts. The discussion highlighted challenges and opportunities for parliaments in advancing anti-corruption agendas, and provided lessons for the design and implementation of the Summit for Democracy commitments.
Watch the discussion above.
- Hon. Kara McDonald, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor, U.S. Department of State
- Rep. Dean Phillips (D-MN), Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Hon. Anastasia Radina, Head of the Committee on Anti-Corruption Policy, Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
- Hon. Ibrahim Tawa Conteh, Member of the Parliament of Sierra Leone
- Ms. Kristen Sample, Director of Democratic Governance, NDI
- Mr. Gary Kalman, Director of TI-US