Prioritizing Partnerships with Africa
Sub-Saharan African governments and their partners increasingly work towards mutual interests that support sustainable democratic development, often facilitated through “bilats,” delegations, or multilateral conferences. Partnerships with these states will have a significant impact moving forward, leading to the question of what these partnerships should look like.
On 28 January 2022, the Center for Strategic and International Studies will explore how the US and other like-minded partners can meaningfully engage with African, also highlighting the importance of summits in building closer relationships.
- Ambassador Robert Scott, Deputy Assistant Secretary for African Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Ambassador Koji Yonetani, Assistant Minister, Director-General of African Department, Secretary-General for TICAD8, Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Secretary Raychelle Omamo, Cabinet Secretary for Foreign Affairs, Kenyan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ambassador Hilda Suka-Mafudze, African Union Ambassador to the U.S.
- Mvemba Phezo Dizolele, Director and Senior Fellow, Africa Program, CSIS