OGP Community Briefing on OGP Global Summit and Summit for Democracy
On 28 October, the Open Government Partnership (OGP) brought together civil society leaders, government representatives, and key stakeholders to discuss how to effectively leverage the upcoming Summit for Democracy and OGP Summit. The discussion featured practitioners from civil society and government who have experience linking global and country conversations and provided guidance on how to use and strengthen forthcoming and existing commitments, and/ or embed accountability for implementation of new commitments made at the Summits.
Watch a recording of the discussion above.
- Alhaji Abubakar, Registrar General, Corporate Affairs Commission, Government of Nigeria
- María Baron, Executive Director, Directorio Legislativo – Argentina and Lead civil society Co-Chair, Open Government Partnership
- Gary Kalman, Director of the US Office, Transparency International
- Mélanie Robert, Executive Director, Open Government, Chief Information Officer Branch, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat and Catherine Godin, Director General, Office of Human Rights, Freedoms and Inclusion, Global Affairs Canada
- Phillip Thigo, Senior Advisor, Data and Innovation, Office of the Deputy President, Legislative and Intergovernmental Liaison Office, Government of Kenya