Enablers of Malign Finance
As corruption and dirty money increasingly enable authoritarian regimes, attention has increasingly been drawn to the role of the financial and legal systems in democracies in facilitating this behaviour. As the Summit for Democracy asks us to reflect upon our democratic institutions, focus should be placed on how we can improve our own systems to help prevent malign finance.
The discussion will be moderated by Josh Rudolph, Fellow for Malign Finance, Alliance for Securing Democracy.
Speakers will include:
- Will Fitzgibbon, Senior reporter, International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
- Sydney P. Freedberg, Chief reporter, International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
- Neil Jeans, Principal of Initialism
- Lakshmi Kumar, Policy Director at Global Financial Integrity
- Casey Michel, writer, analyst, and investigative journalist, author of American Kleptocracy