Democracy at a Tipping Point?
On 7 April 2022, Club de Madrid, in partnership with International IDEA and European Partnership for Democracy, will hold an in-person session in Brussels to discuss the complex challenges for democracy globally. The discussion will feature identifying mechanisms to improve democracy's resilience against these challenges, while maintaining its fundamental rights and values, and will explore three basic pillars of action: responsible leadership, resilient institutions and digital democracy.
- María Elena Agüero, Secretary-General of Club de Madrid
- Sam van der Staak, Head of International IDEA's Europe Programme
- Danilo Türk, President of Slovenia (2007-2012) and President of Club de Madrid
- Yves Leterme, Prime Minister of Belgium (2008,2009-2011) and Member of Club de Madrid
- Antonella Valmorbida, President of European Partnership for Democracy and Secretary General of ALDA
Closing words: Ambassador Manuel Alabart, Secretary General of INCIPE.
Facilitator: Marilyn Neven, Programme Manager of International IDEA.