CDS 2021: Town Hall session – Global Voices on Biden’s Summit for Democracy with Democracy Defenders
At the Copenhagen Democracy Summit 2021, a town hell was held on 10 May 2021 for a global brainstorm and input session for the Summit. Discussion questions included "Who should attend the Summit? How can civil society make their mark? How can the Summit promote the frontline work of democracy activists? What should be the balance between standing up to authoritarianism and repair work inside established democracies?"
Watch a recording of the discussion above.
- Colombe Cahen-Salvador, Co-founder of NOW! - Derek Mitchell, President, National Democratic Institute (NDI)
- Lisbeth Pilegaard, Executive Director, Danish Institute for Parties and Democracy (DIPD)
- Jatzel Roman, Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Dominican Republic
- Daniel Twining, President, International Republican Institute (IRI)
- Zainab Sulaiman Umar, Executive Director Initiative for Public Awareness and Development (IPAD)
- Jonas Parello-Plesner, Executive Director, Alliance of Democracies Foundation