After the Summit for Democracy: Shoring Up the Fundamentals of Democracy
On 15 December 2021, the Open Society Foundations in partnership with Freedom House assessed the accomplishments of the Summit for Democracy. What commitments were made and what gaps remain? What can civil society do to be sure governments do more to protect minority rights, ease political polarization, safeguard free speech and independent media, and curb the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Michael J. Abramowitz, president of Freedom House
- Anne Applebaum, writer at the Atlantic
- Joe Asunka, chief executive officer of Afrobarometer
- Mark Malloch-Brown, president of the Open Society Foundations
- Ashley Quarcoo, senior director for democracy pillars and programs at the Partnership for American Democracy